banner_left banner_text banner_right
Home SiteMap Contact US
./images/banner_spring.jpg banner_right2
Follow us on Facebook
email sign-up
Google Custom Search

  Buy Your License

Citizen Reporting and Getting Involved

You can have a role in helping the Department fulfill its mission to conserve fish, wildlife, plants and their habitats for Vermonters. Whether you are looking to report wildlife sightings, help with fish and wildlife data collection, or find an environmental consultant, these links to our online forms will help you get involved.

Wildlife Species and Habitat

Little Brown BatVermont’s Endangered Bats
Got Bats? White Nose Syndrome has devastated Vermont’s little brown bats. Learn how you can help. | »more

Little Brown BatVermont is home to nine bat species. Some of Vermont’s bats are in trouble because of White Nose Syndrome. Use the forms below to help us learn more about Vermont’s bat populations.

»Sick Acting Bats Use this form to report bats flying during the daytime, bats having trouble flying, bats dying, and bats exhibiting a white fungus on the face or wings.

»Bat Colonies Use this form to report current or historic bat colonies. Colony sizes may vary from a few individuals upwards of several hundred and are often located in attics, barns or under shingles.

»Incidental Take of Little Brown Bats Use this form to report the incidental take of endangered little brown bats due to potential human rabies exposure. A broad incidental take permit allows the take/killing of four (4) little brown bats.

»Animal Damage/Pest Control - Reporting of Nuisance Bat Work This form is for Animal Damage/Pest Control professionals to report nuisance bat work conducted in Vermont.

»Summer Maternity Roost Monitoring Program Help gather important information about Vermont's house bats by volunteering to monitor summer colonies and count bats on warm summer nights as they emerge from buildings.

»FAQs about Vermont's Bats

»Read more on helping Vermont's bats

black bear raiding bird feederBlack Bear Incident Reporting
Help the department manage Vermont’s bear population by assisting in monitoring bear incidents. | »more

Black Bear raiding birdfeeder Bear troubles? Learn what you can do to avoid problems with bears or report incidents of property damage by bears, visits to birdfeeders, compost bins or garbage, bears on porches or decks, damage to bee hives, corn or other crops, and any incident where you feel threatened by a bear.

»Take me there

wild turkeyWild Turkey Brood Survey
Get outside and count some turkeys. It's fun and will help us determine the state's turkey abundance! | »more

Wild TurkeyHelp the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department analyze spring turkey production by volunteering to record wild turkey sightings for the month of August, using our web-base survey.

»Take me there

old apple orchard habitatHabitat Technical Assistance
Here's help for landowners, towns and others in making natural resource and land use decisions. | »more

old apple orchard habitat Looking for an organization to help you or your town with options on how to conserve the state’s natural and cultural heritage? Check out our technical assistance web guide.

»Take me there

Are you a Technical Assistance Provider? Register your program and be included in our searchable web guide. | »Take me there

Need an Environmental Consultant? Search our database for individuals specializing in habitat inventorying, habitat management planning, species population inventorying, and water resources. | »Take me there

Are you an Environmental Consultant? Register your company to be added to our database. | »Take me there

Printable Forms and Applications

Pink Lady Slipper OrchidForms, Applications and Permits
Here's the place to find our printable forms and applications. | »more

Pink Lady Slipper Orchid Looking for an application for our Green Mountain Conservation Camp, or a rare plant reporting form, or a field trial permit? You'll find all of our printable forms and applications in the Department's library.

»Take me there

Fishing, Hunting and Trapping

angler with bassVermont Master Angler Program
Explore new fishing opportunities and challenge your fishing skills.

angler with bassVermont's wealth of waters and abundant fish populations provide the opportunity to experience outstanding fishing. Here's a great way to enhance the Vermont angling experience by challenging yourself to catch big fish of various species.

»Take me there

angler on the Batten KillBatten Kill Angler Diary Study
Helps us assess the current quality of the Kill's fishery and help guide its future management.

angler on the Batten KillThe Batten Kill voluntary angler diary study provides current information on the recreational aspect of the Kill's trout fishery. Volunteer anglers keep records of their fishing trips and record the information using this on-line form.

»Take me there

game warden with deerOperation Game Thief
This fish and wildlife crime stopper program makes reporting fish and wildlife law violations in Vermont easy and confidential. | »more

game warden with deerOperation Game Thief (OGT) is a non-profit program sponsored by the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs and administered by the Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department. It pays rewards to citizens who identify poachers by calling the toll free number or submitting information online.

»Take me there

Feeding BeaverAnnual Trapper Report
Our easy to use online form makes it a snap to report your trapping activities. | »more

Feeding BeaverThe information you provide helps us monitor harvest and effort data, and is critical to understanding furbearer population dynamics and management.

Reports must be submitted whether or not any trapping was done or any furs were taken. Reports are DUE ON OR BEFORE APRIL 30.

»Take me there


Copyright © 2003-2015 Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department. All Rights Reserved.